McLean, Virginia—Sponsored by L2Federal Resources, Scott Honiberg, President ofPotomac Health Associates, Inc. (PHA) and Jeff Weinstein, Of Counsel to PHA and Managing Partner of The Weinstein Law Group, jointly presented a webinar on preparing bids and proposals for federal contracts. The webinar was designed for organizations seeking to better understand the principles of successful bid preparation. The webinar sought to teach participants how to avoid the most common mistakes associated with proposal preparation as the government reduces contract opportunities, eliminates programs and terminates long-standing contracts simply to save money.
Objectives of the webinar were to help participants learn how to:
- Locate opportunities before a solicitation is publicized;
- Make a technical proposal stand out from the crowd with key technical discriminators;
- Structure a proposal according to stated evaluation criteria and relative importance;
- Avoid the “parroting” problem, and the danger of failing to fully address agency requirements;
- Differentiate between agency personnel who can and can’t issue binding instructions;
- Recognize missing provisions that can be “read into” a government solicitation;
- Create strategies for dealing with adverse past performance information;
- Minimize risks in pricing option year work;
- Assess bid/proposal mistakes, both before and after bid opening/award;
- Identify potential teaming/subcontracting issues before they arise;
- Request and/or challenge a set-aside; and
- Minimize the risk of submitting a late bid/proposal.
Potomac Health Associates, Inc. is a professional services firm that specializes in federal health care contracting and business development for commercial clients. Since its inception, the firm has helped its clients win in excess of $400 million in competitive awards from the VA alone, and an estimated $3.75 billion in competitive and non-competitive federal contract awards from federal agencies and $400 million in competitive awards from the VA alone.
L2 Federal Resources provides expert-led training and education for the government contracting community. The company hosts several webinars on government contracting topics every month and offers downloadable recordings of past webinars at http://www.l2federalresources.com. The company also blogs on government contracting topics at http://www.l2federalresources.com/blog. L2 is on Twitter at @L2FedResources.